Welcome to the Notes from the Grove, providing Liberty Grove residents and visitors tidbits of information about goings on in Town Government.
• The board authorized the hiring of STS Consultants of Green Bay to formulate an overall plan for the shore area at Rowleys Bay. Once a plan is formulated the town anticipates applying for grant monies for improvements to the area. The area will be turned over to the town and become a town park.
• On recommendation from the plan commission, the board adopted the proposed Land Division Ordinance. The board also approved the Conditional Use Permit for a zip line at Rowleys Bay Resort. A challenge will now be filed regarding the variance granted by the County Board of Adjustment.
• On recommendation from the plan commission, text amendments will be sent to the county to change the wording of Section 4.04(15) zoning ordinance regarding the Art Galleries in the Heartland districts. A second text amendment to the zoning ordinance to include wineries as a conditional use in Heartland districts with a minimum five-acre lot size was also approved.
• The Board of Review will meet May 15, prior to the regular board meeting. It will adjourn to August 21 at 1 pm.
• On June 15, 9 am – 1 pm, residents of Sister Bay and Liberty Grove may bring in documents to be shredded and household appliances and computers to be recycled. The event will be held at 11161 Old Stage Rd, Sister Bay. There is no charge for the paper shredding, but there will be charges for some household items to be recycled. As a general rule, if it has a compressor or a screen there will be a charge of $10 to $15 per item. For more information call 854.2934 or 854.4118.
• The Property Task Force will hold its first meeting May 13 at 7 pm. Public input will not be taken during the meeting.
• The highway committee has approved the application of Blackberry Lane as a Heritage Road. It will send the application to the town board for final approval. The committee also selected roads for chip sealing this year. The bids for paving came in under budget, which will allow for the chip sealing. The recommendation will be considered by the board at their next meeting.