Welcome to the Notes from the Grove, providing information about Liberty Grove town government to residents and visitors.
• The town has turned over to the Liberty Grove Historical Society records from the Women’s Club that were being kept by the town. The records contain many interesting records from the history of the club and the town. A spare filing cabinet was also given to the historical society.
• A postcard with a return will be mailed to property owners asking if they are interested in town-wide trash/recycling collections. Initial estimates indicate a savings to residents on their trash and recycling bills. Options will be provided for year-round or six-month (seasonal) pick-up, and an opt out from the program. The cost would be added to individual tax bills. Commercial properties will not be included.
• Townline Timber Services, Inc. was the low bidder on tree removal on Garrett Bay Road.
• The board approved hiring Schenck CPA to conduct the year-end audit, as well as the annual report compilation.
• The board approved the Plan Commission request to send a letter of support for a variance to add dormers on the home of David Barnes on Beach Road. Administrator Kalms will send the letter to the county.
• A reminder that the traffic count reports from our new traffic machine on various town roads is posted on the town website. One example is from the Sept. 10 – 18 on Lakeview Road; a total of 1,769 vehicles travelled northbound during that time period.