Plans are under way for Treatment Trail 2.0, a fundraising event for the Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin (CHW) and the Go Bo Foundation. It is a weeklong event, with organizers trying to get as many people as possible to join the 200-mile “trail” from CHW to Sister Bay. Last year there were about 200 runners/walkers at the 5k events, and more than $15,000 was raised.
This year’s event is similar to the 2014 edition. The start will once again be in Wauwatosa and finish in Sister Bay, from June 12 – 20.
The following is the 5k run/walk schedule:
• Friday, June 12 – Wauwatosa, Hart Park, 6 pm
• Saturday, June 13 – Port Washington, Upper Lake Park, noon
• Sunday, June 14 – Sheboygan, across from YMCA, noon
• Monday, June 15 – Manitowoc, across from Aurora Medical Center, 6 pm
• Tuesday, June 16 – Appleton, Telulah Park, 6 pm
• Wednesday, June 17 – De Pere, Voyageur Park, 6 pm
• Thursday, June 18 – Rest Day
• Friday, June 19 – Sturgeon Bay, Sunset Park, 6 pm
• Saturday, June 20 – Sister Bay, Sports Complex, noon
There is a group running the entire “trail” and they would welcome any company on their early morning city-to-city journeys. Last year runners covered 200 miles in eight days. This year the group will be running 220 miles in seven days. Signing up for one event gets you into as many as you want.
Visit treatmenttrail.org for more information, pictures and video from last year. There is also a link to the Runsignup.com page to register for an event or make a donation.