In partnership with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, East Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission, Northwest Wisconsin RPC, and Southeastern Wisconsin RPC, the Bay-Lake RPC is excited to announce available funding under the 2018 WI RPCs & DNR Tree Planting Grant Program.
This funding opportunity is aimed at helping communities, counties and tribes plant trees to mitigate Emerald Ash Borer impacts and reduce runoff.
The funding is available to all Wisconsin jurisdictions within the Great Lakes Basin. A little more than $120,000 will be available each year in 2018 and 2019 to fund projects ranging in cost from $1,000 to $20,000. All communities within the Wisconsin Great Lakes Basin are eligible, but this program will particularly be targeting projects in communities:
- within EAB-quarantined counties;
- within watersheds with surface water quality concerns;
- on tribal lands;
- within communities that are members of a regional planning commission;
- within areas of concern (AOCs) for beneficial use impairments; and
- within Tree City USA communities.
Applications are due April 9, 2018. For additional information, and to apply, visit baylakerpc.org/tree-grants.