USDA Reminds Investors to Report Land Holdings through AFIDA

The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Farm Service Agency (FSA) reminds international investors who buy, sell or hold interests in U.S. agricultural land that the Agricultural Foreign Investment Disclosure Act (AFIDA) requires them to report their land holdings and transactions to the USDA. 

International investors must file AFIDA Report Form FSA-153 with the FSA county office in the county where the land is located. This applies to holdings of agricultural land totaling 10 acres or more used for farming, ranching or timber production, including leaseholds of 10 years. 

AFIDA reports are also required when there are changes in land use, such as agricultural to nonagricultural use; or when there is a change in ownership status.The local county FSA office can assist in completing the FSA-153 report. To find out more about AFIDA or FSA programs, contact the Door County FSA office at 920.743.3595, ext. 2, or visit