Whether you love being indoors, outdoors, tapping your toes to great live music, or viewing a new art exhibit, Door County is definitely the place to be this coming weekend! Here are our top picks from our Calendar of Events for March 6 – 8:
1. Boys & Girls Club World Fair: 4:30-5:30 p.m. Booths from seven different countries created by members of the Boys & Girls Club of Door County with the assistance of several foreign exchange students in the county. 5:30-6 p.m. Presentation including member performances of traditional dances and songs from countries included in the fair at Third Avenue Playhouse in Sturgeon Bay.
2. Buddy Mondlock at Lost Moth Gallery: 6 p.m. Doors open for BYO wine/beer, hors d’oeuvres, and visiting. 7 p.m. Concert Starts. $15 cash/ticket.
3. Shotgun Jazz Band at Door County Brewing Co.: Come check out this jazz band from 6-9 pm at Door County Brewing Co. in Baileys Harbor.
1. Activities at Crossroads: 12 p.m. Lunch with Leopold. Celebrate Aldo Leopold Day with a brown bag lunch gathering during which we will share readings and film clips. All ages welcome. Hot spiced apple cider provided. Bring a bag lunch and healthy snack to share.
2. Opening Reception at Miller Art Museum: Featuring the Dr. Seuss inspired space, “People and Places and Things, Oh My!” exhibit. Light refreshments will be served. Free.
3. Men in Suits: Disco, funk, boogie – dance party fever. 8:30 pm at Stone Harbor Restaurant in Sturgeon Bay.
1. Lawrence Concert: Come hear the music of Beethoven for cello and piano at Bjorklunden at 1:30 pm. Free.
2. Door County Maritime Museum Free Door County Resident Family Day: Free admission to families with a permanent Door County residence for two parents and two children with additional children admitted for $3.