Cellcom is now accepting applications for its Green Gifts program. Through Green Gifts, Cellcom donates proceeds from its cell phone recycling program to local organizations, programs and projects that are dedicated to or support environmental sustainability.
Green Gifts can be used to support organizations, programs and projects that:
• Address a community-based issue that relates to the environment.
• Focus on reducing negative impact on the environment.
• Provide environmental education programs for children.
• Provide education opportunities for adults to learn about environmental sustainability, including training or leadership development.
• Foster water conservation; protection of our air, landscape and water, or wildlife preservation.
The program was launched in September 2010 to protect the environment and support conservation in central and northeast Wisconsin and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. This year a total of $25,000 will be donated across Cellcom’s service area. Applications for the program are now being accepted and must be submitted by September 30. Applications and additional criteria can be found at http://www.cellcom.com/events.html. Winners will be notified by October 15.