Want to work with a creative team, in a great office in the heart of one of the most beautiful places in Wisconsin? Join the team of Door County’s independent source for news, arts, and and entertainment.
Title: News Reporter/ Social Media Strategist
Peninsula Publishing and Distribution seeks a dynamic, motivated individual to join our team to produce content across multiple mediums.
Job Summary: The person who fills this position will produce content for the Peninsula Pulse, Door County Living, and Peninsula Filmworks in print, digital, audio and video. This person will also be charged with executing the company’s social media and content promotion strategy.
Skills and competencies: Must have great writing and interviewing skills. Must be energized by social media and skilled in using social media platforms to drive traffic, find stories, and engage readers. The person who fills this position will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, an entrepreneurial mindset, ability to hit deadlines and the ability to work independently and with a team. Position requires some night and weekend hours.
- Report and write news and features for Peninsula Pulse and Door County Living magazine. Includes coverage of local municipal boards and councils, state politics, human interest stories,
- Social Media Strategy
- Manage Peninsula Pulse social media profiles on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter. Set goals for audience growth, provide monthly reporting on what’s working and what isn’t, and provide suggestions for adjustments based on data.
- Newsletter Curation
- Assist in the creation of our daily newsletter, Pulse Picks. Curate stories, set goals for subscription growth. Track and evaluate results in monthly reports and provide strategies for improvement and adjustments on a quarterly basis.
- Video and Podcast Producer
- Work with Peninsula Filmworks team to produce videos and podcasts. This includes conducting pre-interviews, location scouting, project management, script-writing, and scheduling. Position also includes writing copy to accompany videos.
- Based on experience
- Full-time, year round position (approximately 40 hours/week on average during the season. No less than 35 hours/week on average during the off season).
- Vacation time: 10 paid days off per year plus 8 paid holidays
REPORTS TO: Myles Dannhausen Jr., Content Editor
Send resume, cover letter, and links to three writing samples to [email protected]
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 30, 2018
The Peninsula Pulse and Door County Living Magazine seek freelance writers. Get paid to tell Door County stories! We’re always on the lookout great stories and for people to write about people, history, food, entertainment, and news in Door and Kewaunee counties. Please send at least two writing sample and and a short (200 words or less) story pitch to email@example.com.