Position: Entertainment & Outdoors Internship
Application Closing Date: March 15, 2019
Description: The Peninsula Pulse seeks individuals looking to gain experience and an education through an internship with the Peninsula Pulse for the summer of 2019 while exploring all there is to see and do in Door County, Wisconsin.
This internship requires you to have fun, try new things, and explore Door County’s beaches, natural wonders, nightlife, and its vibrant arts and culture. One day you might kayak down the Sturgeon Bay ship canal, capture the scene with photos, and write about your experience. The next day you’ll be capturing the scene at Door County Brewing Co. when a nationally touring honky tonk act takes the stage.
• Write shorts about entertainment – live music, outdoor activities, theater, performances and more – and the occasional feature story about a gallery, artist or art-related event in Door County
• Assist in creating our daily e-newsletter using content created by Pulse editorial staff
• Work with video intern by conducting on- and off-camera interviews
• Minimum of 35 hours per week
• Prior experience with a newspaper, magazine or journal would be of benefit but is not necessary for a motivated candidate
• The ability to find, research and execute interesting storylines under the pressure of deadlines
• A firm grasp of spelling, grammar, structure and style
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• A positive attitude, punctuality and willingness to learn
• Understand the working principles of Mac computers, Google Drive
The Arts & Entertainment Internship is available from mid-May through August, although we will consider extending the internship for a motivated candidate.
$10 per hour
All interested candidates should send a cover letter, three writing samples and résumé to the Peninsula Pulse via email [email protected].
Position: Editor/Videographer internship
Peninsula Filmworks, a Peninsula Publishing and Distribution Company, is seeking an Editor/Videographer intern for the summer of 2020.
Interns will be involved with the production workflow of several editorial and promotional videos and mini-documentaries. Our intern will learn assist in all levels of production – videography, editing, research, booking interviews, and sound.
• Must have film, production, and editing experience
• Expected to conceptualize, edit and shoot video
• Hitting deadlines in a timely manner.
• Self starter, mature attitude, willing to go the extra mile.
• Ability to multi-task and take creative direction.
• Preference given to an applicant with experience in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects
• Interest in Door County and Door County history
Email resume and portfolio to [email protected]. No phone calls please.
For more information on Peninsula Filmworks visit peninsulafilmworks.com.
Work with the Video Director and others on the Peninsula Filmworks team to:
- Create narrative-based shorts and marketing videos for clients
- Take creative direction provided by the Filmworks team and clients