Position: Entertainment & Outdoors Internship
Application Closing Date: March 15, 2019
Description: The Peninsula Pulse seeks individuals looking to gain experience and an education through an internship with the Peninsula Pulse for the summer of 2019 while exploring all there is to see and do in Door County, Wisconsin.
This internship requires you to have fun, try new things, and explore Door County’s beaches, natural wonders, nightlife, and its vibrant arts and culture. One day you might kayak down the Sturgeon Bay ship canal, capture the scene with photos, and write about your experience. The next day you’ll be capturing the scene at Door County Brewing Co. when a nationally touring honky tonk act takes the stage.
• Write shorts about entertainment – live music, outdoor activities, theater, performances and more – and the occasional feature story about a gallery, artist or art-related event in Door County
• Assist in creating our daily e-newsletter using content created by Pulse editorial staff
• Work with video intern by conducting on- and off-camera interviews
• Minimum of 35 hours per week
• Prior experience with a newspaper, magazine or journal would be of benefit but is not necessary for a motivated candidate
• The ability to find, research and execute interesting storylines under the pressure of deadlines
• A firm grasp of spelling, grammar, structure and style
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• A positive attitude, punctuality and willingness to learn
• Understand the working principles of Mac computers, Google Drive
The Arts & Entertainment Internship is available from mid-May through August, although we will consider extending the internship for a motivated candidate.
$10 per hour
All interested candidates should send a cover letter, three writing samples and résumé to the Peninsula Pulse via email [email protected].
Position: Editor/Videographer internship
Peninsula Filmworks, a Peninsula Publishing and Distribution Company, is seeking an Editor/Videographer intern for the summer of 2019.
Interns will be involved with the production workflow of several editorial and promotional videos and mini-documentaries. Our intern will learn assist in all levels of production – videography, editing, research, booking interviews, and sound.
• Must have film, production, and editing experience
• Expected to conceptualize, edit and shoot video
• Hitting deadlines in a timely manner.
• Self starter, mature attitude, willing to go the extra mile.
• Ability to multi-task and take creative direction.
• Preference given to an applicant with experience in Adobe Premier and After Effects CC
• Interest in Door County and Door County history
Email resume and portfolio to [email protected]. No phone calls please.
For more information on Peninsula Filmworks visit peninsulafilmworks.com.
Work with the Video Director and others on the Peninsula Filmworks team to:
- Create narrative-based shorts and marketing videos for clients
- Take creative direction provided by the Filmworks team and clients
- Produce stories for DoorCountyPulse.com including:
- Peninsula Pulse (news stories, feature stories, covers, “framed”, etc.)
- Door County Living (feature stories, department articles, covers, etc.)
- Collaborate with editors, writers, layout dept. Etc.
- Attend editorial meetings and maintain availability during production times
Want to work with a creative team, in a great office in the heart of one of the most beautiful places in Wisconsin? Join the team of Door County’s independent source for news, arts, and and entertainment.
Title: News Reporter/ Social Media Strategist
Peninsula Publishing and Distribution seeks a dynamic, motivated individual to join our team to produce content across multiple mediums.
Job Summary: The person who fills this position will produce content for the Peninsula Pulse, Door County Living, and Peninsula Filmworks in print, digital, audio and video. This person will also be charged with executing the company’s social media and content promotion strategy.
Skills and competencies: Must have great writing and interviewing skills. Must be energized by social media and skilled in using social media platforms to drive traffic, find stories, and engage readers. The person who fills this position will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, an entrepreneurial mindset, ability to hit deadlines and the ability to work independently and with a team. Position requires some night and weekend hours.
- Report and write news and features for Peninsula Pulse and Door County Living magazine. Includes coverage of local municipal boards and councils, state politics, human interest stories,
- Social Media Strategy
- Manage Peninsula Pulse social media profiles on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter. Set goals for audience growth, provide monthly reporting on what’s working and what isn’t, and provide suggestions for adjustments based on data.
- Newsletter Curation
- Assist in the creation of our daily newsletter, Pulse Picks. Curate stories, set goals for subscription growth. Track and evaluate results in monthly reports and provide strategies for improvement and adjustments on a quarterly basis.
- Video and Podcast Producer
- Work with Peninsula Filmworks team to produce videos and podcasts. This includes conducting pre-interviews, location scouting, project management, script-writing, and scheduling. Position also includes writing copy to accompany videos.
- Based on experience
- Full-time, year round position (approximately 40 hours/week on average during the season. No less than 35 hours/week on average during the off season).
- Vacation time: 10 paid days off per year plus 8 paid holidays
REPORTS TO: Myles Dannhausen Jr., Content Editor
Send resume, cover letter, and links to three writing samples to [email protected].