Want to work with a creative team, in a great office in the heart of one of the most beautiful places in Wisconsin? Join the team of Door County’s independent source for news, arts, and and entertainment.
Inside Sales Manager
Are you passionate about Door County?
Are you good with details?
Do you like working with people?
Peninsula Publishing & Distribution is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual with strong communication skills and the willingness to rise to challenges and work in a team environment. Experience with google apps, wordpress, and Quickbooks are desired but not required. Computer aptitude is required and a BA in Communications and/or Marketing or the equivalent work experience is desired but not necessary.
Peninsula Publishing & Distribution (Door County Living, Peninsula Pulse, and doorcountypulse.com) is seeking a highly qualified Individual
- Inside Sales and Marketing Manager
- Based on experience
- Full-time, year round position (approximately 40 hours/week on average during the season. No less than 35 hours/week on average during the off season).
- Vacation time: 10 paid days off per year plus 8 paid holidays
- Sales Managers
- Customer Service and Account Management
- Assist sales staff with customer follow-up and correspondence
- Manage established accounts
- Work with sales team to develop marketing strategies and fulfilment of the strategies
- Including social media
- Maintaining sales information on our websites
- Direct mailings and emails
- Write and disseminate PR
- Create and organize promotional events
- Assist Office Manager with administrative duties including but not restricted to answering phones, assisting with walk in traffic, assistance with bookkeeping and classifieds
- March 1, 2018
- Knowledge of Quickbooks is a plus
- Strong Communication Skills
- Experience with google apps and wordpress desired but not required
- Computer Skills
- BA in Communications and/or Marketing or the equivalent work experience desired but not required
To apply, send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
The Peninsula Pulse has several opportunities for ambitious, driven young journalists, writers, and videographers to join our team. Internships begin in May and continue through August, with openings in news, entertainment, and video production.
Arts and Entertainment Summer Internship
Application Tip: Our editors value independent thinkers ready to work.
Position: Arts & Entertainment Internship
Application Closing Date: March 23, 2018
Description: The Peninsula Pulse is an independent newspaper in Door County, Wisconsin, one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Midwest. The paper is the area’s prime resource for information on news, arts and entertainment for a peninsula rich in culture and activity. Our small, energetic staff is looking for individuals seeking to gain experience and an education through an internship with the Peninsula Pulse for the summer of 2018.
• Write small features about entertainment – live music, outdoor activities, theater, performances and more – and the occasional feature story about a gallery, artist or art-related event in Door County
• Assist with editing and weekly newspaper review
• Create daily e-newsletter using content created by Pulse editorial staff
• Work with video intern by conducting on- and off-camera interviews
• Minimum of 30 hours per week
• Prior experience with a newspaper, magazine or journal would be of benefit but is not necessary for a motivated candidate
• The ability to find, research and execute interesting storylines under the pressure of deadlines
• A firm grasp of spelling, grammar, structure and style
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Have a positive attitude, punctuality and willingness to learn
• Understand the working principles of Mac computers, as well as Microsoft Word
The Arts & Entertainment Internship is available from mid-May through October, although we will consider extending the internship for a motivated candidate.
An hourly rate commensurate with experience.
All interested candidates should send a cover letter, three writing samples and résumé to the Peninsula Pulse via email ([email protected]).
Videographer/ Editor Internship
Peninsula Filmworks the video arm of Peninsula Publishing and Distribution, is seeking an Editor/Videographer intern for the summer of 2018. We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to put in the time while keeping a level head and smile on their face.
Interns will be involved with the production workflow of several editorial and promotional videos and mini-documentaries. Our intern will learn assist in all levels of production – videography, editing, research, booking interviews, and sound. To apply, email resume and cover letter to [email protected]