The breathtaking view from the top of the Ellison Bay hill welcomes visitors to the home of a unique community of artists, craftspeople, galleries and natural areas. Always following the weekend of Fall Fest, Ellison Bay celebrates the fall season with the annual Ellison Bay Fall Art Crawl. The dates are Oct. 21 & 22 from 10 am to 5 pm. For a map, stop by the Ellison Bay Information Booth across the street from The Viking Restaurant.
- Turtle Ridge (11736 Mink River Road) is hosting a book signing by Jill Harding. Her second book, Dragonfly Magic, has a wonderful message for all ages. Mary Ellen Sisulak is excited to present new work that is influenced by her love of environment, geology and shapes.
- Sutra Gallery (12044 Hwy 42) specializes in Indian contemporary and tribal art and showcases emerging and established contemporary artists as well as renowned Bhil and Gond tribal artists from Madhya Pradesh. Sutra also features handmade Indian textiles and a line of handmade art books by Kala.
- Linden Gallery (12001 Mink River Road) celebrates their 21st season with live calligraphy demonstrations from gallery manager Frank He. Customers are also welcome to try their hand at making paper cranes and other origami animals with Jessica Stayton.
- Rob Williams Studio/Gallery (753 Isle View Road) is located among the birches on seven acres of woodland. See Rob’s bold, colorful, contemporary landscapes and Shirley’s black and white photography. Visitors can enter a drawing to win a free original painting, plus free desk calendars for 2018.
- Visit Island Orchard Cider (12040 Garrett Bay Road) to sample their award-winning ciders. Stop by their tasting room and try these refreshing ciders or a warm spiced cider and small plates.
- Gills Rock Pottery (12020 Hwy 42) celebrates fall and food. Join Judy and Thor for Thor’s turkey sandwiches made in their wood-fired oven. Their latest pottery creations will be on display with table linens and wooden ware.
- Ellison Bay Pottery (12156 Garrett Bay Road) embraces the theme of soup for the art crawl. Master potter John Dietrich’s soup mugs are wide on the bottom with substantial handles and are perfect for chili, soups and stews. Hot soup will be served both Saturday and Sunday afternoon. For a limited time soup mug orders for Christmas will be taken.
- The Clearing Bookstore and Gift Shop (12171 Garrett Bay Road) celebrates their 81st anniversary. They will be open 10 am – 4 pm, as is the entire 128-acre campus for touring and hiking. There will be docent tours, arts and crafts demos, refreshments and door prizes.
- Clay Bay Pottery (11650 Hwy 42) will be filled with beautiful pottery by David and Jeanne Aurelius as well as six other potters. Also on display is award-winning sterling silver jewelry by Sylvia Youell, paintings by Judith Bergerson, original woodcuts, cards, and children’s books. Refreshments will be served, and guests can sign up to win a Clay Bay mug.