• The Town of Baileys Harbor will consider implementing an architectural review committee at a special joint meeting of the Town Board and Plan Commission Aug. 3.
• Egg Harbor’s referendum on the marina expansion project will be held July 28. The village is seeking approval of its plan for a 63-slip marina with a spending cap of $6.5 million. A preview of the election with detailed plan and photos will appear in the July 24 issue of the Peninsula Pulse.
• The Door County Scenic Byways Program Workgroup will meet July 21 at the Jacksonport Fire Department at 3365 Cty. V. The meeting starts at 7 pm and will include discussion of program goals, promotion, and implementation.
• Gibraltar School will get new scoreboards next year, as the school board will replace its scoreboards in the high school and middle school gymnasiums. The existing scoreboards malfunctioned often and were inoperable at several events in the 2008-09 school year. Also, vendors no longer support the technology of the old scoreboards.
• United Way of Door County will host the next of its second round of listening sessions Aug. 11 at the Sturgeon Bay Library. The meeting will be held in the Jane Greene Room from 2 – 4 pm.
• JJR Engineers will begin work on a design for the extension of the swimming pier in Sister Bay’s Waterfront Park. The village approved design work at a cost of $66,900 July 14.
The extension is part of the village’s plan to expand the sand beach, as requested by residents after the village purchased the Helm’s Four Seasons property two years ago.
The pier extension would lead to more sand accumulating at the base of the pier.