Governor Tony Evers released a Safer at Home order. Guidelines for this order went into effect on March 25. The order is in place through April 24 or until a superseding order is issued.
Details on the order can be found here>>
For more information, best practices and updates on COVID-19 visit:
What is social distancing?
Coronavirus: How it spreads, what it is, how it infects>>
Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS)
Door County Public Health
Many Door County events have been cancelled or modified in the best interest of the community. Below is a running list of these events. Along with our event calendar, we will modify it as necessary. We will also post information about any modified services offered by local restaurants and businesses.
We will try our best to keep these page updated with the most current news we receive.
- Sevastopol School 50+ Year reunion
- Rutabaga Door County Sea Kayak Symposium at Rowleys Bay Resort
- The following Jacksonport Historical Society events have been canceled: June 24 program, the annual Fish Boil fundraiser, and Cherry Fest.
- The following Algoma events have been canceled: Algoma City-Wide Garage Sale, Concerts in the Park, and Shanty Days
- Peninsula Singers Spring Concerts
- Door County Scottie Rally & Parade of Scots
- Door Shakespeare 2020 season
- Altrusa Golf Outing
- Kewaunee Memorial Day Wreath Laying Ceremony & Parade
- Sister Bay Wellness Day
- Kewaunee County Fair
- Open Door Pride
- Uncork Summer
- 2020 Washington Island Music Festival
- 2020 Washington Island Birding Festival
- Peninsula Players 2020 Summer Season
- Northern Sky 2020 Summer Season
- Ephraim’s Fyr Bal
- Reclaim for a Cause Gala
- Sturgeon Bay Lions have cancelled their annual rose sale.
- The Northern Door Loaves & Fishes April 28 meal has been cancelled. Follow their Facebook page for updates.
- The Door County Home Builders Association has cancelled the 2020 Showcase of Homes scheduled for May 8-9, and 15-17, 2020.
- The Rotary Club of Door County North is canceling all meetings or events until May 6. Additional updates will be provided as needed.
- Jacksonport Easter Egg Hunt
- Roar Off the Shore Brewfest at the Kewaunee County Fairgrounds
- Ellison Bay Easter Egg Hunt
- Encore presentation of Door County Short Film Festival
- The Door County Master Gardener Association, in cooperation with the University of Wisconsin Extension, is cancelling public events through the end of May 2020, due to the Coronavirus public health concern. For additional information regarding future events, visit dcmga.org
- The Sevastopol School District 4K Development Screening and Child Find event planned for April 2 has been canceled.
- Jacksonport Maifest (May 23-24)
- Egg Harbor Historical Society events (March 16, 22, 23, 28, 30)
- St. Joseph Parish Spring Fish Fry (March 20)
- UUFDC Sunday Services (Through March 29, check uufdc.org for updates)
- Shepherd of the Bay Services (Through April 8)
- Rotary Club of Door County North Meetings, meetings will resume on April 8 (March 18, 24, 25, April 1)
- Open Door Pride Fun Nights, cancelled until further notice
- Ukulele Society of Door County Jam Sessions, cancelled until further notice
- United Way showings of No Small Matter (March 31 & April 6, 13)
- Delta Co. Listening Sessions for Veterans (March 19, April 9, 23 & May 7)
- Maritime Speaker Series at Door County Maritime Museum (April 2)
- All programs held at the ADRC through April 30 have been cancelled
- All programming at The Ridges is canceled until further notice
- Open house meeting regarding the draft Door County Parks and Open Space Plan (March 31)
- Peninsula Players’ The Play’s the Thing at Bjorklunden (April 6)
- Loaves & Fishes meals at NWTC are canceled through March, updates to come
- International Water Day activities at Crossroads (March 22)
- All Door County Learning in Retirement classes are canceled starting March 19, until the Sturgeon Bay Schools reopen. The DCLIR Offices are closed until further notice. They will be monitoring e-mail and voicemail periodically. The office will be open on March 17 for questions.
- The remainder of the 2020 Spring concert and rehearsal schedule for The Peninsula Singers has been canceled.
- Church services and all church functions are canceled at Tanum Forest Church through May 10.
- Programming with Write On, Door County through May 7
- Door County Master Gardeners programs through May 16 – this includes the Plant Sale. Refer to dcmga.org for up-to-date information.
- The Climate Change Coalition of Door County has canceled its annual Climate Change Forum, scheduled for May 9.
- All DCFA events are cancelled until further notice.
- The Hairpin Run/Walk is going virtual. Learn more > (opens in a new tab)”>here>>
- Northern Sky Theater is hosting an At Home series, on Facebook. Company members, staff, and authors have been sharing “a daily dose of anti-virus” to lift your spirits.
- The Door County Half Marathon has been rescheduled for October 31, 2020.
- The Write On fiction writing workshop Briefly Told: An Introduction to Short-Short Fiction with Betsy Finesilver Haberl, originally scheduled for March 21, has been rescheduled for June 2.
- Write On, Door County will be offering online programming. Visit their website for details.
- The organizers of the Windows 10 users group at the ADRC have started a Facebook group – Door County Tech Advice – where people can join and get advice online.
- The Door Community Auditorium will be hosting daily activities via their Facebook page. Door County Spring Training will be held every day through April 3.
- The Peninsula School of Art will be offering the community a few online programs as well as free art kits that can be picked up on Fridays. Find details Facebook for updates.
- The Door County YMCA programming teams are working to develop engaging and interactive opportunities and resources for all in the community to take advantage of from the convenience of their own homes. A link to our virtual programming portal is available on doorcountyymca.org.
- Starting March 30, the YMCA Sturgeon Bay Program Center will be a food distribution location in partnership with Door County Medical Center and Boys and Girls Club during the hours of 3:30pm- 5:30pm, Monday through Friday.
- Sister Bay Goat Parade, date TBD
- Habitat for Humanity Idlewild Golf Outing – new date TBA
- Crossroads’ Fish Tales lecture series and EGGStravaganza
- The Sturgeon Bay Fine Art Fair has been moved to Aug. 22-23, 2020.
- League of Women Voters of Door County Eileen Bohn Speaker Series on April 18, date TBD
- Door County Half Marathon and Nicolet Bay 5k (date to be determined)
- Fish Tales Lecture: “Where Fish Wander in Green Bay, Tracking Movements of Walleye and Whitefish”
- A Life in the Theatre at Third Avenue Playhouse
- The Sturgeon Bay School District recognition of employees with 25+ years of service reception, following the March 18 meeting, has been postponed.
- We Are Hope 2020 Spring Job Fair
- Skin Cancer Screening Clinic hosted by Kewaunee County Public Health Department and Prevea Luxemburg Health Center
- Fish Tales Lecture: Where Fish Wander in Green Bay
- DCEDC Annual Meeting
- NexGen Door County Annual Meeting & ypAwards
- Sevastopol School District 4K Development Screening and Child Find