Eagle Bluff Lighthouse Opens for Season

In 1868, the Eagle Bluff Lighthouse cast its beam over the Green Bay for the first time. Guiding vessels through the waters’ treacherous shoals, the lighthouse and its keeper provided safe passage for the next 58 years. Today, Eagle Bluff Lighthouse opens its door to visitors from around the world.

“It has been a very long winter,” said Chris Weidenbacher, site manager, “but we are looking forward to a nice, warm summer. Our staff of docents is ready for visitors to walk through our door. And we have some exciting plans for the lighthouse.”

Restored under the direction of the Door County Historical Society and opened to the public in 1963, Eagle Bluff Lighthouse provides a glimpse into life as it was for the keeper William Duclon and his family’s tenure at Eagle Bluff. “Captain Duclon lived through some of America’s most tumultuous history. His story is relevant on so many different levels and our goal is to share his story with visitors of all ages.”

The Eagle Bluff Lighthouse Museum will open weekends, May 16 – 26. Beginning May 30, the lighthouse will be open daily through October 19. Hours of operation are 10 am – 4 pm. Docent-led tours are available on the hour and half-hour; the last tour of the day is at 3:30 pm.

Admission is $7 adults; $2 students 13 – 17; $1 youth 6 – 12; and free for children 5 and under. Located within Peninsula State Park, a state park sticker is required for parking at the lighthouse. For more information call Weidenbacher at 920.421.3636 or visit