Visit Fish Creek Feb. 2-4 for one of Door County’s most notorious winter event – the 31st Annual Winter Festival. Live music, quirky games, delicious food, Fruit Loop Fun Run, a Stumpf Fiddle Contest, fireworks and a “Smokin Hot” Chili Cook-Off are part of the festival lineup and take place under a heated tent overlooking the frozen waters of Green Bay.
Saturday is jam-packed with festivities for the whole family. Listen to the Beer Belly Idols perform while kids are racing minnows or sampling chocolate delicacies from the Gibraltar Historical Association at the Old Town Hall. Take a free trolley ride to the Peninsula School of Art to enjoy their SOUP! fundraiser, and then hop back on the trolley to visit Lautenbach’s Winter Wine & Cherry Fest.
Have you ever seen or competed in a Stumpf Fiddle Contest? Now’s your chance to compete for Stumpf Fiddle glory. If you get tired of the action downtown, escape to Peninsula State Park for the Candlelight Ski and Hike at 5:30 pm. End the evening with a fireworks display and the Rock & Roll Snow Dance at Alexander’s restaurant.
Friday, Feb. 2
- 6:30-10pm: Adult Art Night (adults 21+), Hands On Art Studio
- 7pm: Cat’s Pajamas Vocal Band, Door Community Auditorium
Saturday, Feb. 3
- 10am-3pm: Festivities in Clark Park, Wild Winter Games, Live DJ, Food & Drinks, Limited Edition Winter Fest merchandise
- 10am-4pm: Gibraltar Historical Association presents “All Things Chocolate” at the Old Town Hall
- 10am-4pm: Lautenbach’s Winter Wine & Cherry Fest (cherry pit spitting contest at 1:30pm)
- 10am-5pm: Free trolley rides throughout town
- 11am-12pm: Children’s story hour, Fish Creek Library
- 11am-3pm: SOUP! at Peninsula School of Art
- 12pm: Chili Cook-Off Judging and Winners Announced, Main Tent
- 2:30pm: Stumpf Fiddle Contest, Main Tent
- 3-5:30pm: Beer Belly Idols, Main Tent
- 5:30-8pm: Candlelight Ski/Hike, Peninsula State Park
- 5:45pm: Fireworks, Outside of Main Tent
- 10pm-12am: Rock & Roll Snow Dance with Big Mouth, Alexander’s
Sunday, Feb. 4
- 10:30am: 9th Annual Fruit Loop Run, Main Tent