By Zeke Jackson, Village Administrator
- Because it’s been so cold, the TKH Community Ice Rink is finally open. Of course, if it warms up the ice will be a little iffy, so it would probably be a good idea to call 920.854.7014 before heading over to the Sports Complex. I’ve been informed that everybody is welcome and encouraged to watch the broomball games. They’re very high energy and entertaining and will be conducted every Wednesday from now through mid-February at 6, 7, and 8 pm. The ice rink manager, Joe Baldarotta, asked me to thank Josh Charney for the great job he does refereeing. He also asked me to thank this year’s Broomball League sponsors: Alexander’s, Horseshoe Bay Golf Club, JJ’s, Peninsula Pulse, Peninsula Painters and Wild Tomato and their respective captains Patrick Foy, Patrick Cole, Vinny Liveri, Alyssa Skiba, Bogdan Bogdonalds and Paige Funkhouser.
- The sledding hill at the Sports Complex is open and it’s really fast. Rumor has it that several people have said it’s the best sledding hill in Sister Bay. Unfortunately some kids are not abiding by the rules and have been sliding down the side of the hill. Village officials are asking that all parents instruct their kids not to do this because a number of safety issues could arise.
- There will be all kinds of activities going on at the Sister Bay-Liberty Grove Library in the next few weeks, and you won’t want to miss any of them. A calendar of all the Door County Reads events can be obtained at any of the Door County libraries. American Dervish will be discussed here in Sister Bay at 2:30 pm on Feb. 9.
- Mark your calendars for the 7th annual Door County Short Film Fest, which will be conducted in the Village Hall on Feb. 12 & 13. Many more short films will be shown this year, but there is still a need for more Film Fest sponsors. Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated. If interested in helping out, send checks to P.O. Box 351, Sister Bay or contact Paige Funkhouser, the SBAA Coordinator, at 920.854.3230.
- Owners or managers of any businesses wishing to join the SBAA should submit their membership forms ASAP. Representatives of the SBAA will be going to the UW-Stout Career Fair on Feb. 10. If you’re looking for summer help and would like to reach out to potential employees at the Career Fair, call 920.854.3230 for more information.
If you have any questions about upcoming Village projects or Village operations please don’t hesitate to contact me. I can be reached at 920.854.4118 or my email address is [email protected]