The Door County Health Department has scheduled Adult flu vaccine clinics during the month of October. It is suggested that participants wear clothing with short sleeves to the clinic. There will be a $30 fee for the vaccine for adults.
• Washington Island Community Center: Thursday, October 2, 10 – 11:45 and 1 – 2:30 pm
• Liberty Grove Town Hall, 11161 Old Stage Road, Sister Bay: Tuesday, October 7, 9:30 – 11 am
• Door County Senior Center, 832 N. 14th Ave, Sturgeon Bay: Friday, October 10, 1 – 3 pm
• Baileys Harbor Town Hall : Friday, October 17, 9:30 – 11 am
• United Methodist Church, 836 Michigan St, Sturgeon Bay: Thursday, October 23, 3 – 6 pm
• Forestville BayView Terrace: Friday, October 24, 9:30 – 10:30
Medicare Part B covers the cost of the vaccine; individuals with Traditional Medicare are requested to bring their Medicare cards to the clinic site. The Health Department is not able to serve individuals with HMO Medicare Plans. Individuals with HMO Medicare (such as Humana Gold, Blue Cross Advantage, Railroad Retirement plans, etc.) must go to their private health care provider for vaccine. The Health Department is also unable to accept Forward cards – individuals with Medical Assistance or Badger care must go to their private health care provider for vaccine. Personal checks are accepted, but the Health Department is not able to process credit/debit cards.
All children aged 6 months through 18 years are eligible for free-State supplied vaccine as long as supplies last. It is recommended that all children ages 6 months – 18 years receive flu vaccine each year. Children may come to the regular Wednesday clinics from 10 – 11:30 am and 1:30 – 4 pm at the Door County Government Center, First Floor, 421 Nebraska Street, Sturgeon Bay.
For additional information call the Door County Health Department at 920.746.2234.