The Golden Heart Award Celebration honors volunteers who have made a positive impact in Door County.
The Golden Heart Awards added a new, temporary category in 2021 to highlight the efforts of community members in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic. In April 2022, those who stepped up and helped the community preserve during the pandemic were honored one last time at the ceremony.
2022 Golden Heart Awards Essential Worker Honorees
• Sturgeon Bay Fire Department
• Sturgeon Bay Police Department
• Door County Sheriff’s department
• Gibraltar School District teachers and staff
• Michelle Johnson, Door County Medical Center
• St. John Bosco Catholic School teachers and staff
• St. Peters Lutheran School teachers and staff
• Sevastopol School District teachers and staff
• Shannon Finger, Southern Door School District elementary teacher
• Southern Door School District teachers and staff
• Sturgeon Bay School District teachers and staff
• Washington Island School District teachers and staff