The concert series started by Jeanne Kuhns six years ago at the Jacksonport Town Hall Bakery will be changing venues for the 2009 season. The new venue, Woodwalk Gallery and Events Barn, gives the series an opportunity to stretch with comfortable seating for 150 people in a warm, intimate and rustic setting.
The beautifully restored barn is owned by resident artist Margaret Lockwood and Allin Walker. It is a peaceful gathering place on acres of wild countryside. A stage and professional lighting has been added to the barn adjacent to the Woodwalk Gallery, which shows works by Lockwood and 40 other regional artists.
“I am thrilled and thankful to have this beautiful venue to bring Door County’s finest singer, songwriters, [and] musicians to perform for you, as well as a variety of artists from all over the country,” Kuhns said. “Thanks for making the series a success at The Town Hall Bakery, and we look forward to seeing you at Woodwalk.”
Performances scheduled for the 2009 Concert Series include:
• June 19 – Robin and Jenny Bienemann
• June 26 – Michael Lee Ammons and the Water Street Hot Shots
• July 3 – Lost Mothra (Jeanne Kuhns, Lynn Gudmundsen, George Sawyn and Patrick Palmer)
• July 10 – Adam Mackintosh and Anna Sacks
• July 17 – Al Rose with Maurey Smith
• July 24 – Wise Women Songwriters Circle (Jenny Bienemann, Gloria Attoun Bauermeister, Jeanne Kuhns, with performance poet Mary Durlin)
• July 31 – Dan Mayhew, Ben Larsen and Jeanne Kuhns
• August 7 – Scott Wakefield
• August 14 – Prima Vera Strings (Hans Christian, Lynn Gudmundsen, and Beth Hon)
All shows are Friday nights at 7 pm. Ticket prices are $10 at the door, no reservations. Food will be provided by Sweetie Pies of Fish Creek. Concert attendees can bring their own wine or purchase beer, water or soda at the concert.
Woodwalk Gallery and Events Barn, located one mile west of Highway 42 at 6746 County G, south of Egg Harbor and North of Carlsville, is handicapped accessible. For more information contact Kuhns at 920.495.2928 or Woodwalk at 920.868.2912.