Welcome to the Notes from the Grove, providing Liberty Grove residents and visitors tid bits of information about goings on in town government.
• The newly remodeled Ellison Bay Post Office is now open. An open house and ribbon cutting was held on Thursday, March 3.
• After receiving the appropriate permits, the Town board has authorized the Town Crew to begin work on the parking area at the Garrett Bay Ramp. The plan calls for as little disruption of the wooded area as possible. The parking area will be left natural and will not be paved. Appropriate signage will be discussed by the Roads Committee.
• Coastal Byways signs have been installed along Highway 42 and Highway 57. Discussion was held on placement of informational kiosks and interpretive plan participation by Liberty Grove. The Town Board has approved Liberty Grove participation in the Door County Coastal Byways grant application.
• The Town Board will discuss the possibility of a Shred Fest to be held in late summer to accommodate more residents and seasonal homeowners. This will be discussed at a late March or early April board meeting.
• The Plan Commission is continuing its work on formula restaurant ordinance as well as a building structure and controls ordinance. The documents will be presented to the Town Board when completed for approval.
• A reminder that the Residential Well Testing Program for Liberty Grove is drawing nearer. This is being done under a cooperative program with UW-Stevens Point. Those interested in participating in this program or those with questions are asked to contact the Town Office.
To contact John Lowry regarding the Town of Liberty Grove or information found within this column, email [email protected] or call the Town of Liberty Grove at 920.854.2934.