Welcome to the Notes from the Grove, providing Liberty Grove residents and visitors tid bits of information about goings on in town government.
• The town has received a petition from residents of Isle View, Northern Door and Skaugum Roads requesting those road be designated as Rustic Roads. The Highway Committee met with residents from those roads and has sent a recommendation to the Town Board to begin that process. A resolution will be needed to begin the implementation.
• Due to excessive speed on Garrett Bay Road entering Ellison Bay, the Highway Committee has considered installing a four way stop at Garret Bay Road and Old School Road. The Town Board will consider their recommendation.
• The Waterfront Committee has requested authorization to proceed with a permitting, engineering, and funding search for a stairway at Port des Morts Park.
• A reminder that the Second Informational Meeting on the possible purchases of waterfront properties in Gills Rock will be held on August 31 at 7 pm. The meeting will be at the Town Hall. A special Town Meeting will be held on September 8 for electors to vote on authorizing the Town Board to proceed with the purchases. The meeting is at 7 pm at the Town Hall.
• The Fall Primary Election is September 14. The Town Hall will be open from 7 am to 8 pm for voting.
To contact John Lowry regarding the Town of Liberty Grove or information found within this column, email [email protected] or call the Town of Liberty Grove at 920.854.2934.