Classes and Events at Artists Guild
There is still time to register for upcoming classes and events at Artists Guild in Sturgeon Bay.
• “Black American Artists” is the theme of the Art Speak series on Feb. 16, 10 am – 12 pm. In recognition of Black History Month the documentary The Highwaymen; Florida’s Outsider Artists will be shown followed by a discussion led by Jennifer Aldrich.
• “Portraiture,” a two-day workshop, will be taught by Craig Blietz on Feb. 16 and March 16, 9 am – 4 pm. Artists of all skill levels may participate, and should bring the medium of their choice to work from a live model. The cost is $275; pre-registration is required.
• A free session of portrait drawing is scheduled for Feb 17, 1 – 4 pm. Artists of all skill levels are invited to bring their own materials and draw from a live model. No instruction provided.
• “All About Oils” is the Art Fundamentals theme on Feb. 23, 10 am – 12 pm. Jeff and Sarah Bradley will give students a working knowledge of the history and techniques of oil painting and each student will create a small oil painting. The cost is $30 and includes all materials; register by Feb. 21.
• “Considerations in Drawing the Human Figure” begins Feb 26. Blietz teaches the class on four Tuesday evenings through March 19, 6 – 9 pm. Participation includes enrollment in the four non-instructed Life Drawing Guild sessions, Feb. 27 – March 20, 6:15 – 8:15 pm. All skill levels are encouraged to enroll. The cost is $260 for the 8 sessions. A modest list of required materials is available; pre-registration is required.
• “Oil Painting With Lynn Gilchrist” is scheduled for March 2, 9 am – 12:30 pm. Artists will paint a still-life in oils (traditional or water-soluble). Local artist and instructor Lynn Gilchrist will guide students through the beginning and completion of a small painting. The class is geared for artists with some painting experience. Artists will bring their own materials; registration is required by Feb. 28.
Artists Guild is located at 215 N. Third Avenue in Sturgeon Bay. For more information call 920.743.9900 or visit http://www.Artists-Guild.com.