Welcome to the Notes from the Grove, providing Liberty Grove residents and visitors tid bits of information about goings on in town government.
• On behalf of the Town Board and Administration I would like to thank all the electors who came to the Special Town Meeting on the proposed purchases of shore parcels in Gills Rock. It was by far the largest attendance in memory for a Special Town Meeting.
• A quick reminder to property owners who receive notification that their waste water systems are failing: all necessary permits come from the County Sanitarians Office. Please contact the town office with questions regarding the sanitary inspection process taking place within Liberty Grove.
• The Door County Unit of the Wisconsin Towns Associate met at the Liberty Grove Town Hall on Thursday, September 23. A presentation by Peter Pittner from Miller Engineers was on Maintenance and Management of Town Right-of Ways. Town Supervisor Ann Miller is the Door County Unit Chairperson.
• Copies of the “Liberty Grove Smart Growth Plan” are available for reading at the town offices or for purchase. The plan was formulated during many meetings and a final public hearing. It contains a blueprint for future town growth.
• The public restrooms at town parks will be closing the third week in October.
• The Bike Steering Committee will hold its next meeting at the Town Hall on Monday, September 27 at 7 pm.
• Committees are in the process of budget planning for 2011. The final hearing on the budget is scheduled for Monday, November 15 at 6 pm in the Town Hall.
To contact John Lowry regarding the Town of Liberty Grove or information found within this column, email [email protected] or call the Town of Liberty Grove at 920.854.2934.