Welcome to the Notes from the Grove, providing Liberty Grove residents and visitors tid bits of information about goings on in town government.
• The Town Board decided to hire Graef Engineering to develop a master plan for the Garrett Bay Road launch ramp and park area. They will work from the information and plan provided from the Waterfront Committee and passed on to the Town Board. They are estimating a completion of the plan in approximately 90 days.
• Graef is also providing a plan for the intersection of Waters End Road, Highway 42 and Beach Road. This plan will address the safety issue of this intersection along with pedestrian and bicycle traffic in the area. It will look at locating a sidewalk in this area on the east side of Highway 42.
• Laaksonen Builders continues work on the Ellison Bay Post Office. The Town Board decided to complete the front façade of the building at this time.
• The Town has received the grant monies for the Hidding Purchase and the Ellison Bay Beach remediation project.
• Christine Bridenhagen has been appointed to the Parks and Property Committee.
• A bench will be placed at Sand Bay Park in memory of John Anderson. His wife Linda had requested the bench.
• The Board has passed a resolution honoring the late Merrell Runquist for his service to Door County.
• The Fall General Election is Tuesday, November 2.
• The first meeting of November for the Town Board will be held on Thursday, November 4.
• Budget work continues with the final budget hearing scheduled for November 15. It will begin at 6 pm in the Town Hall.
To contact John Lowry regarding the Town of Liberty Grove or information found within this column, email [email protected] or call the Town of Liberty Grove at 920.854.2934.