• The Town Board met with the owners of the gravel/shooting pit on Mink River Road at our second meeting this month. The Board outlined the list of concerns about what was felt to be excessive shooting creating nuisance and safety concerns. A number of suggestions and possible solutions were discussed. The owners agreed to take action to stop the problem with the understanding that if they do not the board will take the action to stop the problem.
• If you intend to have fireworks for the Fourth of July please check the town website for permit information. Any fireworks that leave the ground or explode require a permit.
• The board has approved the recommendation of the Highway Committee to contract with the Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin to develop a Bicycle Master Plan for the Town. The Town of Baileys Harbor is also working with the federation on the development of a bike plan.
• On the recommendation of the Highway Committee, Graef Engineering will continue to develop a plan for the Highway 42, Beach Road, and Waters End Road intersection that includes the section of Highway 42 south, which is a traffic safety and parking problem.
• The board referred the Ellison Bay Visitor Information sign designs to the Top of the Thumb organization.
• The Board of Review will be held on Wednesday, August 18 beginning at 1 pm at the Town Hall. For information please contact the Town Assessor at the Town Office.
• Parks and Properties Committee will review the proposal from Miller Engineers for developing a plan for the Hidding property recently acquired by the town. The board will consider short-term options for parking and traffic at the launch ramp.
To contact John Lowry regarding the Town of Liberty Grove or information found within this column, email [email protected] or call the Town of Liberty Grove at 920.854.2934.